Every year the Brookings Area Habitat for Humanity hosts two or three groups of Care-A-Vanners. These dedicated individuals and couples travel across the country to assist in builds for multiple affiliates, including ours.
What do RV Care-A-Vanners do?
- They travel around the United States and Canada, helping local Habitat for Humanity affiliates build hundreds of houses annually.
- RV Care-A-Vanner volunteers participate in projects such as house construction, roofing, interior and finish work, renovations or disaster relief.
- Those who prefer non-construction activities can volunteer in the Habitat affiliate office, or act as “gofers” around the build site.
- Many RV Care-A-Vanners help local Habitat affiliates raise the awareness of poverty housing and homelessness by speaking to churches, civic groups, and local media.
- Individual Care-A-Vanners often make donations to their local Habitat affiliate.
- Some even organize fundraising teams and sponsor entire houses.