March 18th, 2023!
Nail the Runway is an annual gala like no other, featuring fashion designed by members of the community using construction materials. Every look must use raw building materials such as tile, wood, landscaping fabric, hardware or any other material you might use in a building project. The only other limit is your imagination!
All proceeds directly benefit the home construction program at Brookings Area Habitat for Humanity.
Having A Ball
Nail the Runway has doubled in size since its launch in 2017 and this year we’re moving to the Swiftel Center so more people can join in the celebration. We invite you to our annual celebration, featuring the runway show, a silent auction, food and drink, and more. Formal wear is encouraged; fun is guaranteed.
This Year's Details
Date: March 18, 2023
Time: 6:00 PM
Location: Swiftel Center, Brookings, SD
Design Element: Paint
Calling All Creatives
Looking for a fun activity with friends or family? A team-building event for your company? A chance to showcase your crafting skills? No experience necessary—all are welcome to submit their designs. This year’s design element theme is: PAINT.
What you need to know:
- At least 50% of the designed outfit must be made using raw building materials (tile, glass, wood, metal, nails, landscaping materials, wallpaper or anything you might utilize in the construction of a home. Unacceptable items would include items that would not normally stay in a home when sold, such as furniture, curtains, tools, bedding, etc.)
- Non-visible portions of your design are not required to be construction-related materials and do not count toward percentage.
- Please visit www.brookingshabitat.org for past design examples.
- All materials costs are the responsibility of the designer or design team. The ReStore is a great source for deals!
- TAKE PHOTOS!! Submit photos during the construction process, please!
- No paints, oversprays, or flammables are allowed to be brought on-premises.
- Designers must supply their own models.
- Award-winning designers agree to allow their designs to be used to promote future shows.
- All designs must include the featured design element: Paint
- Receive 25% off supplies purchased at the ReStore.
- Best use of Design Element
- Most Innovative Use of Materials
- Most Wearable
- People's Choice
- Best in Show
- 50% of visible materials must be construction materials
- Must contain the feature design element: Paint
- The creativity of the design
- Overall Appearance
- Unique use of design elements