Brookings Habitat ReStore
Habitat ReStores are independently owned reuse stores operated by local Habitat for Humanity organizations that accept donations and sell home improvement items to the public at a fraction of the retail price.
Profits are used to help build strength, stability, self-reliance, and shelter in local communities and around the world — a good deal for you, your community, and the environment.
Donate to the ReStore
Drop off items at the store during store hours. If you can't bring in an item, call us or fill out the form below to request a donation pick-up.
Generally, we can take the following items that are clean, free of major damage, and in working order.
- Love seats
- Dining/kitchen tables
- Coffee tables
- End tables
- File cabinets
- Metal bedframes
Tools & Building Materials Hand tools
- Hand tools
- Power tools
- Hardware - fasteners, (skrews & nails - no mixed containers)
- Hardware - door, cabinet, window, etc.
- Paint - new/full/unused
- Lumber - no nails sticking out
- Trim and Molding - no nails sticking out
- Exterior/Interior doors
- Garage doors
- Laminate/Hardwood flooring
- Vinyl flooring/linoleum
- Ceramic tiles
- Full Bundles of Shingles
- Large appliances
- Small appliances
- Small electronics
- Electrical components (outlets, light switch covers, etc.)
- China sets
- Dish Sets
Please only bring these items during their appropriate times of the year.
- Plant pots
- Weed and pest control
- Plant stakes
- Seed spreaders
- Landscaping fabric and edging
- Sports equipment
- Gardening tools
- Snow shovels
- Christmas trees & decorations
- Fall and Winter decorations
For various legal, logistical, and ethical reasons we cannot accept the following donations if they are not brand new in their original packaging:
- Mattresses and box springs
- Entertainment centers
- Children's beds, toys, cribs, car seats
- Window blinds or curtains
- Opened cans of paint
- Used fiberglass insulation
- Single pane windows
- Exercise equipment
- Ladders and scaffolding
- Gas-powered appliances, furnaces, water heaters, etc. (can be recycled)
- Anything (lead) painted before 1978
(doors, windows, trim, furniture, etc)
- Medical supplies
(wheelchairs, crutches, canes, hospital beds, etc)
- Used safety equipment such as respirators, harnesses,
- Previously opened chemicals
(cleaning supplies, automotive, etc)
- Standing pianos and organs
(electric keyboards are accepted if they are in working order)
- Unframed glass or mirrors
Temporarily Unaccepted Items
We reserve the right not to accept certain donations based on high supply and low demand. This may change throughout the year.
- Lights and Lamps
- Framed Art
Exceptions may apply. For instance, we can take almost anything, including items on the "Unaccepted Items" list, if they are brand new in the box. Call 605-697-5900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Request A Donation Pick Up!
You can always drop off items at the store during store hours. If you can't bring in an item, request a donation pick-up.